Below are thirty ways you can promote each blog post, most of which are free. Bookmarked this handy article and check off each item as you do it. With a little work and planning, you’ll get the most leverage out of each post.
Blog Success Tips
1. Don’t pretend to be someone you’re not. Write in your own voice and be authentic. There’s only one of you.
2. If you want to gain readers, be consistent with your blogging efforts, even if that means you blog less frequently. Pick a frequency, daily, weekly, monthly, etc and stick with it.
3. Have visually appealing photos with each blog post. Make them relevant and original. Don’t steal other people’s photos.
4. Building a following takes time. The adage “if you built it, they will come” is incorrect. Instead, think “if you market it, they will come.”
Sharing each post on social media should be your first avenue for promotion.
1. Facebook: Add it on your personal and business pages, groups, and through ads.
2. Twitter: Schedule it on Twitter 2-3 times per day for the next 30 days. (Change the title)
3. Pinterest: Create a board specifically for all your blog post and pin each post to it.
4. LinkedIn: Share on your LinkedIn profile in groups you belong to and through ads.
5. Google Plus: Share with your circles and publicly, on Google for added SEO benefits.
Bookmarking sites have millions of users. Add them to your strategy.
1. Stumble Upon.Com: Create an account at StumpleUpon and start stumbling your posts.
2. Digg: Submit each post to Digg.com to share with others and help them discover.
3. Reddit.com: One of the most popular bookmark sites. Reddit.com is a must.
4. Delicious: Help others discover your post when you submit to delicious.com
5. Technorati: The top search engine for blogs. Technorati.com is a must.
Don’t forget to optimize each blog post for specific keywords.
They signed up for your newsletter or RSS feed because they want to hear from you.
11. Add your latest blog post in your email newsletter.
12. Share your blog post with people in groups or forums you belong to.
13. Add your latest blog post to your email signature using Wisestamp.com
14. Send an email to your list with your latest blog post and ask them for feedback.
14. An RSS Feed automatically pushes your post to those who sign up.
Leverage other bloggers networks to gain more exposure.
16. Comment on relevant blogs and include a link to your blog post.
17. Submit it as a guest post to other relevant blogs (with a bit of rewriting)
18. Ask influential bloggers to link to your relevant blogs.
19. Submit it as reprint to other relevant blogs.
20. Join a blogging community and exchange links with other bloggers.
It’s not about blogging more, its about promoting more.
Syndication allows you to spread your content across many networks. Here are ten sites that make syndication your blog post super easy!
21. IFTT.com allows you to syndicate to over 50 different sites.
22. Blog Catalog.com helps you connect with others bloggers to share ideas and post.
23. DemandStudios.com distribute your blog posts to publishers like USA.Today.com, Salon.com, and eHow.com
24. Amazon.com Submit your blog to http://www.Kindlepublishing.amazon.com/gp/vendor and get paid when Kindle owners read it.
25. NetworkedBlogs.com Get found and get more traffic when you submit your blog. Also links to Facebook.
26. Alltop.com Syndicates content in every category, from autos and food to business and sports.
27. Scribnia.com The source for reader reviews of the webs blogger and columnists.
28. Syndic8.com Syndicates blog that cover a wide variety of topics, one of the most popular syndication services.
29. EvanCarmichael.com if you provided business related content, this is a must.
30. Outbrain.com Syndicates your blog post to sites like CNN.com and FastCompany.com
Please like us on Facebook and share this awesome tips on promoting your blog!